DONATE YOUR NEW OR GENTLY USED WHEELCHAIR TODAY!
While we'll take money and just about anything with wheels, we reserve the right to accept in-kind donations at our discretion. Wheelchairs and other mobility equipment—including lift vans—must be in exceptionally good condition. Please follow the guidelines below to see if your equipment qualifies.
Guidelines for power wheelchair/scooter donation:
- Power wheelchairs must not be older than three years.
- We prefer the chair to have limited cosmetic defects but we can be flexible with minor scuffs and scratches. Seating must be intact and absent of major rips and tears.
- Highly customized individual seating is difficult to place. Please call for more details if your chair was customized for someone specific.
- Chair must be in known working order. If the batteries are dead but you know it works we will make the necessary repairs.
- When calling to see if your chair qualifies for our program, please have the make, model, and serial number of the wheelchair available.
Guidelines for manual wheelchair or walker donation:
- Manual wheelchairs and walkers can be between 3-5 years old.
- Seating on manual wheelchairs must be in good shape and absent of major rips or tares.
- Tires must be in relatively good condition and not in need of replacement.
- At this time we are not accepting walkers without wheels or seats.
To donate your equipment, please call 616.493.2620 or email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatives in Motion is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) corporation, all donations both cash and in-kind are tax deductible.